Christine J. Gonong practices complex litigation focusing on catastrophic injury. She is the leading appeals and law and motion attorney at Nguyen Lawyers, ALC. She is heavily involved in briefing and argument and has briefed pre- and post-trial motions as well as appeals on a wide variety of topics arising from civil procedure, insurance coverage, and tort law.
Christine was a law clerk to Justice Mario R. Ramil of the Hawaii Supreme Court and Circuit Judge Jacqueline H. Nguyen of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. Christine also clerked in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California for Judges S. James Otero, Dale S. Fischer, Otis D. Wright II, and Jacqueline H. Nguyen. Between her clerkships, Christine was a litigation associate at Jones Day's Los Angeles office.
Christine is committed to public service and is a prominent member of the Filipino-American legal community. She participants in various events throughout the nation empowering Asian-American women in law. She currently serves as Secretary for the National Filipino American Lawyers Association. She is also an Adjunct Faculty at the University of Southern California Gould School of Law.
In her spare time, she enjoys hiking, photography, salsa dancing, and playing with her two dogs, Charlie and Chloe.
Areas of Practice
- Complex Litigation
- Catastrophic Injury
- California, 2002
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California
- Juris Doctor - 2002
- Honors: Raymond L. Ocampo, Jr. Scholarship by the Filipino Bar Association of Northern California (FBANC)
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
- B.A. - 1999
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Political Science
Honors and Awards
- Southern California Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2008
- Editor, Los Angeles Public Interest Law Journal
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Filipino American Lawyers Association (NFALA), Secretary
- California Lawyers Association’s (CLA) Committee on Administration of Justice
- Philippine American Bar Association (PABA), 2015-2016 Past President and Board of Governor Member
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Los Angeles (APABA), Board of Governors Member (2014-2015)
- UCLA Pilipino Alumni Association (PAA), Board of Directors Member (2006-2009)
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, Member